Has anyone noticed that 1950's North East is broken in OR?

Open Rails allows you to further unlock the world of MSTS by offering enhanced graphics and effects.

Has anyone noticed that 1950's North East is broken in OR?

by simon2110 » September 9th, 2014, 12:46 am

hey all, I have noticed that 1950's North East is broken in OpenRails It does not even let you begin an Itinerary of any kind, Never mind me attempting to create an Electric Activity/service for it. Has anyone else come across this?, or is it just on my installation?

Anyway, I am totally upgrading my PC this week, And then I will check it out again on a fresh virgin 64-bit installation.

(I think it something to do with a stray track, The problem Seems to be at North Melbourne, As you are trying to do a Broadmeadows suburban... With a Comeng unit, As you come up to the overpasses at Lloyd Street it just crashes to the desktop. That is even if it lets you launch the route in the first place, which it does not do most of the time.

That is why I want to do a whole new completely fresh layout of this route, as I have said in an other post on here. :)

Simon.
Rail Victoria Focus Group

Re: Has anyone noticed that 1950's North East is broken in O

by simon2110 » October 29th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Hey there all.

The problem is not just at the location that I described. (My PC has been screwed for over a month now, I have finally upgraded. I done a fresh installation of MSTS

, as One should do, after BACKING UP of course...

The problem is still there.

It seems to be something to do with signals, Signal Scripts, And tracks that are not joined correctly. (leaving a nice nasty blue bar in the Editor. at the broken nodes.

by simon2110 » December 12th, 2014, 6:10 pm

So nobody has noticed this? or are they just ignoring me as a rule? (I don't know why anyone would do that...) :?:

by metrofan » December 13th, 2014, 5:07 pm

simon2110 wrote:So nobody has noticed this? or are they just ignoring me as a rule? (I don't know why anyone would do that...) :?:

I don't play that route so i wouldn't have a clue :)
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

by simon2110 » December 14th, 2014, 12:40 pm

metrofan wrote:
simon2110 wrote:So nobody has noticed this? or are they just ignoring me as a rule? (I don't know why anyone would do that...) :?:

I don't play that route so i wouldn't have a clue :)

yeah.. Exactly. I am not going to worry about that one anymore, as WE all have more important things to do.

For eg, Like make a new NOT BROKEN modern one of this + more.... It is part of my Western group..

by Blacksmith » December 23rd, 2014, 10:42 am

For what its worth I regularly use the North East 1950's route and have no problems with it. Now I believe I did edit one of the signals at Spencer st station that (I think) was preventing a platfrom form being used.

I always use OR, and this routre specficly greatly benefits from OR's much greater viewing distance. I found one could set it at 10 kilometres no problems. This allowed one to see the hills beyond Wallan well in advance and this greatly anhanced the driving experience.
Minister for Transport

by Blacksmith » December 23rd, 2014, 10:52 am

Note: the version I am running is NOT the one currently avialible on steam4me, the title of the version I am using is CVW_AU_VR_NE_Mainline and is 258475k in size.
Minister for Transport

by simon2110 » January 7th, 2015, 4:56 pm

Blacksmith wrote:Note: the version I am running is NOT the one currently avialible on steam4me, the title of the version I am using is CVW_AU_VR_NE_Mainline and is 258475k in size.

Ah ha, I see... Where did you get this version at?

by simon2110 » January 8th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Blacksmith wrote:Note: the version I am running is NOT the one currently avialible on steam4me, the title of the version I am using is CVW_AU_VR_NE_Mainline and is 258475k in size.

That is definitely a newer version. I have the old steam4me one... :)

by Blacksmith » January 13th, 2015, 7:32 am

I cannot now remember where I got it from, I think though Russel put some of his items up on one of those wide area storage sites. Russel Beer does allow reditribution of his "freeware" items (Note 1), inlcuding this route. send me a PM withe details

Note 1: Not only that Russel incouraged the modifation and improvement of these, so its enttirely on the cards for someone tp improve/extend say Northern Main. Footscray-Ballarat or NE 1950's routes and release these extensions, of course Russel Beer MUST be acknowledged as the original author (Note 2).

Note 2: I asked Russel if I could modify his NE 1950's route has answer was go right ahead and release of the modded route was OK. He also stated this applied to his freeware rolling stock, ie G class, 3rd series X class etc.
Minister for Transport

by simon2110 » January 21st, 2015, 7:40 am

Blacksmith wrote:I cannot now remember where I got it from, I think though Russel put some of his items up on one of those wide area storage sites. Russel Beer does allow reditribution of his "freeware" items (Note 1), inlcuding this route. send me a PM withe details

Note 1: Not only that Russel incouraged the modifation and improvement of these, so its enttirely on the cards for someone tp improve/extend say Northern Main. Footscray-Ballarat or NE 1950's routes and release these extensions, of course Russel Beer MUST be acknowledged as the original author (Note 2).

Note 2: I asked Russel if I could modify his NE 1950's route has answer was go right ahead and release of the modded route was OK. He also stated this applied to his freeware rolling stock, ie G class, 3rd series X class etc.

This is all great news, except the bit "cannot remember where you got it from" I am going to try and search it again. And ask around.